Welcome! Here I offer my services as a translator for video games. So far, I’ve completed more than 250 official translations of adventure games, dating sims, visual novels, and other video game genres; that’s a total of several hundred thousand words.
Among them are numerous AAA titles from renowned multimedia franchises as well as projects from major software developers, which I am not allowed to list by name here due to non-disclosure agreements (NDAs).
Of course I also translate novels, websites, film subtitles, or any other kind of text. Just send me an e-mail and we’ll discuss the details.
Offers and prices
- Complete localization (EN-DE, DE-EN) of the video game; images can also be modified under certain circumstances
- Free translation of promotional material, e.g. Steam description texts, achievements and/or related websites
- Free test run; I play the game completely in German and make adjustments if necessary
- Any genre; especially adventure games and visual novels, no matter if horror, romance, science fiction, or fantasy
- Any text length; I’ve already translated games with 100 words and games with up to 350,000 words
- Price per word on request by e-mail, flexible payment and discounts for indie developers possible
I am familiar with a variety of common CAT tools and will edit your file no matter what format; whether in the very classic way as .xlsx or .docx, directly in localization files such as .sdlippx or .po, or of course online in Google Sheets. I am familiar with the following programs and have my own licenses:
- SDL Trados Studio 2021
Here is a selection from my portfolio; most of these games were completely localized by me. Others were partially localized by me or corrected in a QA or LQA test. A complete list of all video game translations can be found here: List of all translations
“I had the distinct pleasure of collaborating with Marcel on multiple game localization projects over the past year and a half, both in commercial and voluntary capacity, as part of the MoonCreative Localization Cooperative. Marcel is an effective communicator, who delivers projects on time and to the outmost of his ability, and has been an indispensable partner in growing our brand. I particularly commend Marcel’s well-honed linguistic skills and literary flare, which several of our clients have attested, and which closely align to his personal interests. The listed qualities make him an ideal fit for any copy writing, editing and/or localization position, should he decide to pursue one. I look forward to continuing our collaboration in future.”Bartosz Klofik, Moon Creative Localization
“I’ve worked with Marcel for the translation of my adventure game Demetrios – The BIG Cynical Adventure into German. This was quite a feat, the game is text-heavy (more than 130 000 words) – but that’s a job he’s completed succesfully. He was very quick to response and has given some insightful advice. I recommend him for your games translations!”Fabrice Breton, COWCAT